Saturday, October 4, 2008

Payday Was Yesterday For SSID

Some SSID receivers got their checks yesterday and the bar was packed. The gambling machines were spinning and you could not find a seat in an otherwise comfortable bar. During the day there is always a place to sit, but being around the first of the month, it was standing room only.

One particular person amazed me. The pot was up on the gambling game and he was putting $20's in the machine. I stood watching in the background waiting for my turn when he was done. After a few hours, I walked over to see how things were coming along. I was informed that it was payday today and I have lots of money to keep going.

Yes, this was a receiver of SSID. He gets a payment because he can't work because his back brothers him to stand for long periods and he can move so fast. Well he sure did move fast when he thought he won the pot of $150 for $180 contribution. He forgot to watch his credits and only bet 7 instead of 8 and when the fruits hit, he did not get the bonus pot.

After I was done laughing at him jumping up and down cursing his own stupidity, I went over, added my $5 to the pot, and won the jackpot. I could not help wonder how he felt, but I think by his remarks he was not happy.

Ah, the joys of getting free money.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home